Monday, October 18, 2010

Painting, Matting, Framing, Preparing

Ok, so I’m not the best at this writing thing, but I’m working on it. It’s been a month since my last post, maybe I’ll strive for 2 weeks next time. I think I need to keep a “to do” calendar for blog and web postings. A gallery page has been started on this blog, with more work to be added soon. I am working on a web page where I hope to have links to all my web postings.

My time lately has been spent painting, matting and framing several of my latest pieces, some of which are on display at Eileen’s Restaurant in Summerville. For those in the Charleston, SC area I will have paintings in the Fine Arts Festival on Folly Beach, both in the Judged Exhibition and in a friend’s booth on October 23-24. This will be the first time I have entered my watercolors in a show as I have only been working seriously in watercolors since the beginning of this year. This is the first time in 5 years I have been able to enter any show. NO NERVES HERE, lol. I will also be entering the Coastal Carolina Fair Art Exhibit October 28 - November 6. Hope to be able to announce more shows soon.

I have at least been painting almost everyday. Watching videos, reading books and trying new techniques, learning and playing with this medium that till the beginning of this year eluded me. I will say that I learned more from past frustrations then I thought, and the similarities between watercolor and color pencil are greater then I imagined. I have a few color pencil “paintings” in the works, but I must admit they are on the back burner right now. I am enjoying this new found freedom from frustration with watercolor. There are 2 paintings in progress right now that I will show when they are finished.
Well, off the paint!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment