Monday, October 17, 2011

Through The Fog


I have tried watercolor off and on through out the years, with out much success. I invested in a few instructional books, but something just didn’t click. In February of 2010 a friend offered 2 basic classes online, with a few short videos and email feedback. I purchased the paper, brushes and paints, followed the videos, completed the 1st painting, with positive feedback. I went on to the next video class, after several emails and a repaint, I was finally happy the outcome and hooked.
Watercolor has become an interesting journey. Full of interesting challenges in subject, technique and simply learning how to manage the paint and water. I feel fortunate to have been invited to joined Painting Friends Forum (http://paintingfriends.com/forums/index.php) in September of 2010. The Challenges and WIP’s (Work In Progress) postings and positive feedback have been a great inspiration.

So here’s the Challenge - FOG - , humm, way out of my comfort zone. Time to experiment and learn. Fortunately I had some fresh reference photos from the Smokey Mt.s of North Carolina. I actually enjoyed “playing” with this one, learning to loosen up, so much I did 2 different paintings. I will however say that I did the first one 3 times, but it was worth it. Hope you enjoy following my journey!

I have been following my Muse, and she has inspired me to paint everyday. Come back soon to see where she has taken me.



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous foggy paintings.
    Your work has grown in leaps and bounds! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fog paintings show your true excellent potential. They are freely done and obviously come from the heart. You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you find your new home dull and empty even after moving in your belongings? Visit our gallery and behold an amazing collection of handmade artworks that come in a vast array of colors. From here you will surely find the pieces with colors just right for your home’s interior. Art gallery website

    ReplyDelete